This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://okteto.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and our services.
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Account information: We collect information about you when you create an account and/or login into our service.
- Content provided through the usage of our services: We store the information you input through the normal usage of our services (e.g. configuration values, logs, history of your actions)
- Content provided through our websites: We collect information you provide through support requests, surveys, promotions or events.
We automatically collect certain information when you use our services, in order to help us provide you with a better experience. We do this by using cookies, as well as third-party analytics partners such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel. We don’t collect personally identifiable information through this channels, and we don’t share it or resell it with anybody else.
- To provide services and personalize your experience: We use the information you provide to use to provide you with our service. We use your Google login, for example, to authenticate you and provide you with an avatar.
- For research and development: We use the information we collect on how you use our services to help us troubleshoot issues as well as understand how can Okteto be improved.
- To market new features: We use the information we collect to inform you of new functionality that we believe would be helpful to you. You can always opt out of this.
- The information we collect is stored by our data hosting partners in the United States.
- We use industry-wide best practices (encryption, two-factor authentication, network isolation) to keep your data secure. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable.
- We keep information about you for as long as your account is active. If your account becomes inactive, we will delete or anonymize your data after a reasonable time period.
The data you provide through Okteto is yours. You have the right to request a copy of your information or to request its deletion. In order to do this, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section of our website.
If you no longer want to use our services, you can deactivate your account directly through our website, via your account settings. Please be aware that some of your information (e.g. deployment history, services created) might still be available to other users of the services if it was shared through our services.
This policy might change from time to time. We will post any changes to this page. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice.