To automatically save resources in your cluster, you can configure Okteto Enterprise to automatically scale inactive applications and resources to zero after a period of inactivity.
You can enable and customize the inactivity period via the garbage collector's settings.
Inactive Applications and Resources
Okteto Enterprise considers an application or resources inactive if a user hasn't performed any of the following tasks during the inactivity period:
- Upgrade or redeploy via the UI or the command line.
- Launched a development container with
- Pushed the latest version of your code with
Service accounts, config maps, secrets, or volumes you create will be unaffected by this operation.
Wake sleeping resources
Okteto's UI will notify you when there are sleeping resources in your namespace. Press the "Wake all" button to activate all sleeping resources at once.
You can also awaken an application by redeploying it using one of the methods below:
- If you deployed the application from a git repository, press the Redeploy button in the Okteto UI.
- If you deployed the application from the application catalog, press the Redeploy button in the Okteto UI.
- Redeploy your application from the command line with
okteto push, or any other Kubernetes tool
Delete Unused Namespaces
You can also configure Okteto Enterprise to delete unused namespaces after a period of inactivity. You can enable and customize the inactivity period via the [garbage collector's settings (/docs/enterprise/configuration#gc).